Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Motivation and Motivarti

Hey everyone -- I hope you are all having a marvelous day (or night)! I've had such a fun day today. The church I attend is having a sort of vacation Bible school this week and the theme is SPACE. How cool is that? I stopped by today to help and ended up doing everything but helping, haha! But it was so neat - I got to handle meteorites. And watch a man strap himself in a jetpack and fly around. It was awesome, and got me so jazzed up for the day!

Anyways, the whole point of this post was to mention Motivarti. If you don't know already, Motivarti (not Moriarty, mind you) is a neat program where artists working in the industry or with past experience take on other artists as mentees. I'm going to apply for this fall and I'm stoked :D Lately I've been working on bulking up my portfolio and resume. Looking forward to see what happens--the experience and the chance to ask the questions I have will be priceless. I'm hoping (provided I am accepted) that it will be as useful as the Pixar/VanArts masterclass I attended a few years ago. That class was intense, and, at the time, over my head. But I remember everything and seeing it make sense as the months go by is inspiring.

Here's a vector test...thing I did today. I haven't signed up for Creative Cloud yet so I'm learning how to make vectors in Photoshop CS5, which I already own.



CAN'T WAIT FOR HTTYD2, AHH

No comments:

Post a Comment